Whatever we expose ourselves to has the potential to either be beneficial or destructive for us. The beast inside of us can be cultivated by our habits and the information we feed it. The beast that, if handled improperly and not effectively fought, will tear us apart and eat us alive.
Relapse is the most difficult stage of the healing process, and although our own paths to recovery may differ, we all experience it at some point. When we put our attention on battling our relapse, we frequently find that we have unexpectedly moved in the opposite direction. A relapse is a challenging situation, but we don’t have to take any action to address it. Instead, we should ignore it and let it go away on its own.
In this episode, Andrew and Benjy talk about what this beast is that we all have inside of us, how to deal with it when it comes out, and how to weaken it so that we’re not feeding it and letting it run our lives.
It is essential that we remind ourselves that we are the only ones who know ourselves better than anybody else and that we do not have to fight in every conflict that arises, as the strength of simply ignoring it is actually what will enable us to triumph over it and destroy it.
Listen to Episode 146 to learn more!
- Feeding the beast
- How do we know when we’re having a relapse?
- Choose the right accountability partner
- Watching violent content feeds the beast within us
- The Blessed Couple Podcast
- Mantras are helpful in making micro decisions
- The more we give power to something, the more it consumes us
- The importance of being deliberate with your time
- What is the beast within us?
- What is High Noon Connect?
Join us and be connected at: