#137 – Eroding Values + Sexuality
Our beliefs about what is right and wrong are reflected in our values. They help us become the people we aspire to be and create the world we see for ourselves. Our beliefs and principles are embodied in the choices we make on a daily basis.
Social media can have detrimental effects when we rely too heavily on it. Porn is one type of social media content that can erode our values. Because excessive amounts of anything are unhealthy, we should make it a habit to take breaks from social media and redirect that time toward activities that have both a positive and meaningful impact on our lives.
It is essential that our values are aligned with the kind of people we aspire to be, and a significant step toward realizing this goal is to surround ourselves with others who have similar perspectives. An organization such as High Noon is a great example of a healthy environment that actively practices values that are aligned with our greatest aspirations and ideals.
In this episode, Andrew and Benjy talk about the significance of having values that are aligned with the kind of person we want to become, why is it important to understand them, as well as how social media is undermining our values. They also talk about the risks of excessive consumption of social media and the need of taking a break from it in order to break unhealthy habits.
Listen to Episode 137 to learn more!
- What does it mean to be a value-driven person?
- The impact of cultural erosion
- The influence of people around us on our values
- How social media can promote false beliefs and social norms
- The value that should guide our lives
- The erosion of values
- Why is it important to connect our values with the type of person we want to be and to surround ourselves with individuals who share these beliefs?
- The Blessed Couple Podcast
- The significance of integrating our best selves into our sexuality
- How taking a break from social media can help us get rid of bad habits
Join us and be connected at: