How we define sex is significantly influenced by how we first learned about it. People frequently learn about sex from porn and social media, which distorts their understanding of sex and leads them to believe that their destructive habits are normal.
Recognizing our unhealthy habits and determining if they are aligned with the person we want to become is fundamental. We must break old habits, change our perspectives on sex, and develop new, healthy meanings for ourselves that are based on the person we want to become—a person with sexual integrity.
In this episode, Andrew and Benjy talk about how important it is to understand why we experience, think, and feel about sex the way we do, and how these things are influenced by the way that we were first exposed to sex. They discuss how we imprinted this and developed ideas about sexuality that we considered normal.
Listen to Episode 136 to learn more!
- What is sexual imprinting all about?
- The harmful effects of porn on sexual imprinting
- Why a person develops a bad habit
- The difference between short-term pleasure and long-term pleasure
- The Blessed Couple Podcast
- Why does having an authentic identity matter?
- How social media and pornography can distort our perception of sexuality
- How the false meanings society gives to sex can have a bad effect on our sexual imprinting
- Make yourself a new standard of sexuality that better reflects your ideal self
Join us and be connected at: